Saturday, April 6, 2013

ROSEMARY-GARLIC PITA CHIPS


4IMG_5314


Lately I've been trying to eat three smaller meals with two good, healthy snacks during the day. I always feel better fueled that way, but finding snacks that are tasty and fill me up isn't always easy. Usually I reach for fruit or yogurt, but sometimes you need a dry/crunchy fix, you know? Well this is it for me!

2IMG_5213

It was an accident that I ended up making these. We had a whole package of whole wheat pita bread hiding in the back of the fridge, and it was a little hard by the time I discovered/remembered it. So I cut it up, brushed it with olive oil, and sprinkled it with the first tasty combination I thought of: garlic salt and dried rosemary.

Mmm :)

They turned out beautifully! I've been taking a little bag of them to work for a mid-morning snack. They're easy to make, of course (especially if you line the baking sheets so you don't have dishes to do!). I don't know if I'll make them all the time, but I'm definitely sticking them in my party food file. Throw them on a plate with some hummus, and you've got a party right there.

1IMG_5309



Rosemary-Garlic Pita Chips (Baked)

6 pita bread rounds (I used whole wheat)
olive oil for brushing
garlic salt (fine salt sticks better than course salt)
black pepper
dried rosemary

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a pizza cutter or kitchen scissors, cut each pita bread into 8 triangles (like a pie). Arrange triangles on lined baking sheets and brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt, then sprinkle with pepper and rosemary.

Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden. (Check them often after 12 minutes or so to be sure they don't burn).

1IMG_5301


6 comments:

  1. Contrary to what a lot of people think, I don't enjoy doing press. I've been asked the same questions a million times now, and I don't particularly like talking about my personal life. Nonetheless, I understand that getting press can be very helpful in making deals, and I don't mind talking about them.

    Oddly shaped, Design Your Own Shirt with Human Hair Wigs a pathetic engine and the ignition inexplicably located on the floor: The Financial Times described Cosplay Mask Swedish automaker Saab as anti brand brand. Could it be any wonder that Generation Cheap Human Hair Lace Front Wigs X loved them? Saab sales climbed steadily throughout the early Designer Phone Cases 1980s Cheap Full Lace Wigs and, after a drop off in 1986, rebounded through much of the 1990s. The car took a star turn in such slacker classics as High Fidelity and Sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Army looks forward to DCGS A Increment 2 [the next version] that maximizes competition among commercial vendors and harvests the best capabilities to support the timely, secure and effective exchange of intelligence information.. This paper presents a new hybrid evolutionary algorithm to solve multi objective multicast routing problems in telecommunication networks. Due to the complex structure of the multicast tree, crossover and mutation operators have been specifically devised concerning the features and constraints in the problem. A new adaptive mutation newyshoesmall.com probability based on simulated annealing is proposed in the hybrid algorithm to adaptively adjust the mutation rate according to the fitness of the new solution against the average facebook.com quality of the current population during the eastbay.com evolution procedure. Neither player was an All Star, the only time that has Coach Outlet Store happened since the two of them debuted. To quote former British click here Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain: "In war. FanGraphs had Harper leading 10.5 to 8.1.

    ReplyDelete

UA-46365231-1